Accessible customer service plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Ottobock is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities equally, using integrated approaches.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services. Every person who participates in the development of these policies, procedures, and practices are also trained.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Ottobock will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed on our website and at the main entrance.
Training for Staff
Ottobock will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
This training will be provided to staff within a month after they start with Ottobock.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Ottobock’s accessible customer service plan
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- The use of equipment on the premises that can assist customers with disabilities, such as, but not limited to: fax, email and computers.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Ottobock's goods and services. Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Ottobock provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email us at info@, or call our Customer Service department at 1.800.665.3327. ottobockcanada.com
Plan documentation will be made available: on our company website, on request by email, fax, regular mail or any alternate methods as may be requested.
All feedback will be directed to Mark Agro, President. Customers can expect to hear back in one business day. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Ottobock that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.