Above-knee prosthesis with: Genium
Reclaim your strength
The Genium microprocessor prosthetic leg is quite simply the closest technology has come to natural walking. Imagine work, family, or leisure time activities without having to think about your next step. If your active life demands more function, this is the system you need.
Go to the Advantages for You tab below to learn how the Genium can transform the way you walk.
What you need to know
Advantages for you
Walk up stairs step over step
The ONLY microprocessor knee that lets you walk upstairs under your own power, thanks to Genium’s many sensory inputs.
Cross obstacles more smoothly
Now everyday obstacles can be stepped right over—supported by a stable, flexed knee when your foot strikes the ground. No more awkward swinging your prosthetic leg around the impediments of daily life.
Walk backwards, forwards ... and more
Genium detects your forward and backward motion and provides support as needed. You’ll be secure even when stepping backwards or changing direction
Stand more easily
The Genium can tell when you’re standing and automatically resists further flexing. Suddenly, you’re more relaxed while standing, saving you energy and taking stress away from your sound side – even on inclines and uneven surfaces.
Sit more naturally
If you sit for more than 2 seconds (with your thigh parallel to the ground and minimal weight on the leg) the Genium reduces resistance to take a more natural position—and switches to an energy‑saving mode!
Everyday dust and dirt is no problem for Genium. But even better, the Genium is rated IP54 – which means you are protected against splashed water from all sides.
Every step is smooth and secure
Choose Ottobock Triton feet from Ottobock to complete your Genium system:
Lightweight and responsive, chose from
• Triton smart ankle with adjustable heel height
• Triton Vertical Shock for compact comfort
• Triton Harmony with integrated vacuum, or
• Triton Low Profile for extra room.
Cockpit App for Android puts control at your fingertips
Just like the remote control, you can now check battery life, watch step counts, and switch between 5 modes. The app adds adjustment options, too!
No need to interrupt your busy day to re-charge.
With a battery life of 5 days, there’s no problem if you need extra time away from your charger. Plus, Genium’s charger is connected with magnets to the back of the knee. Makes charging a snap — even through clothing or cosmetic covers – and no open charging ports.
How the Genium works
Genium’s advantage: Optimized Physiological Gait (OPG)
How does it work?
(1) Preflex:Prepares the knee for flexion in loading with every step by maintaining a controlled 4o of knee flexion at initial contact
- Improves shock absorption and a more equal stride
- Makes slopes and uneven terrain easier to handle and reduces compensatory motions
- Helps make swing initiation easier.
(2) Adaptive Yielding Control:Stance flexion and stance extension resistances optimize movement.
- Intuitive yielding for stance flexion and stance extension
- Improves efficient control of prosthesis
- Provides more stability in stance flexion
- Prevents extension “snap-back” of knee at mid-stance.
(3) Dynamic Stability Control (DSC):The main electronics monitors six sensor inputs to ensure appropriate timing for stance release.
- Makes it easier to take quick steps in any direction – forwards, backwards, and sideways
- Increases stability when walking backwards.
(4) Adaptive Swing Phase Control:Swing phase flexion and extension resistances change in real time.
- OPG function is not limited by walking style or pace: quick, slow, irregular
- Eases completion of swing phase, reducing the risk of stumbles and falls
Choose any of the Triton feet from Ottobock to complete your Genium system
The lightweight Triton carbon fiber foot with exceptionally smooth control
The Triton Vertical Shock (VS) with great shock absorption in a compact design
The Triton Harmony with integrated vacuum technology
The Triton Heavy Duty, robust and waterproof, for particularly challenging conditions
The Triton Low Profile, with especially low structural height for those who need the extra room
Patient weight: Max. 330 lbs/150 kg
Weight of the knee joint: 2.9 lbs (1,320 g)
Weight of the electronic tube adapter: 0.6 lbs (290 g)
Weight of the electronic tube adapter with torsion function: 1.3 lbs (530 g)
Moisture protection: Rated IPX4 – protection against splashed water from all sides
Adjustable activity modes: 5
Operating time with fully charged battery: Approx. 5 days
Knee flexion angle: Max. 135°
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Your conversations and goal setting with your prosthetist will drive the decision about which system will best support your activities. If you don’t have a prosthetist you see regularly, look here for a local Qualified Prosthetist.
Except for certain products available at www.mobilitydirect.com, patients cannot purchase products directly from Ottobock. Ottobock products are generally prescribed by physicians or clinicians, who provide the product to the patient.
If you’d like to be fit with an Ottobock product, please talk to your physician or clinician (orthotist, prosthetist, therapist, or Rehab Technology Specialist).
If you have further questions, please call 800 328 4058 and ask for our Consumer Support Specialist.
If you want to try out a Genium to see how it feels, it’s easy to request a free, no-obligation Test Drive. Even if you are not currently seeing a practitioner, let us know, and we’ll help arrange a tryout.
You and your prosthetist will put together the system that’s right for you. Look in the Components tab on this page to see the options.
There are many ways to cover the cost of your prosthetic leg system. Check out the Financial Coverage section of this website.
See the Technical Info tab on this page.
See the Components tab on this page for info on recommended feet for this system.
Not finding what you are looking for? Please contact us!